THE FUNDRAISING BALLOT FOR 2019 IS NOW OPEN!
Applications close on the 31st of January
Deckchair Cinema is available to hire for fundraising movie nights by Darwin-based, not-for-profit community organisations. Fundraiser nights are held on a weekly basis throughout our season (mid-April to mid-November).
Fundraiser movie nights are a great opportunity for organisations to raise much needed funds, raise awareness for your work, and are a great way for you to bring your members and other interested people in the community together for a fun night out.
As our fundraising nights are so popular we operate a random ballot to allocate them.
The ballot opens annually on 1 November, and closes on 31 January.
Some answers to common questions about the fundraisers at Deckchair:
- Fundraising organisations get to choose their film for their fundraiser night and we help you with suggestions
- Fundraising organisations are required to provide dinner food for sale on the night (we can provide a BBQ and/or a Bain Marie), this is a great opportunity to make extra income. You may approach a caterer to handle this part of the night for you.
- You cannot sell alcohol, soft drinks or pre-packaged food as Deckchair Cinema operates a licensed kiosk on the night. Instead you are welcome to offer home-made cakes along with your hot meals that you sell on the night
- Applicants are advised on whether their applications were successful in early February
- Successful organisations must pay an up-front venue hire fee to secure and confirm their booking.